About the Episode
The Butterfly Effect. What is it and what does it mean??
This week we go on a tilt-a-whirl of an adventure back in time with Colin’s real life Mom! We talk about fluttery insects, a Ray Bradbury short story, dinosaurs and dental procedures. Tune in and have an existential crisis with us while we try to determine what the heck it all means.
Photos from the Episode
More on Graphing Chaos
We’re In a Basket
Terrible, Absolutely Horrible Maps
More on ANTIFA
What is Antifa?
According to The Wall Street Journal, Antifa is a “loose network of antiracist, antifascist protesters…across [the United States].”
What is Facism?
Facism is a form of government characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and the economy that rose to prominence in the early 1900s. The core values of facism have resulted in genocides, massacres, forced sterilizations, mass killings, and forced deportations. See World War II.
Who Are Facists?
Subjects CoveredThe Butterfly Effect • Ray Bradbury • "A Sound of Thunder" • Edward Norton Lorenz • Determinism • Tilt a Whirl • Cloud Atlas • Terrible Maps • Colin's Mom • Butterflies • ANTIFA • Dehermiting • Butterflies • Hot Air Ballooning • Root Canal • Time Travel •
- Merriam Webster - The Butterfly Effect
- Wikipedia - The Butterfly Effect
- Technology Review - When The Butterfly Effect Took Flight
- IMDB - Butterfly Effect Movie
- FS - The Butterfly Effect
- YouTube - Is the Butterfly Effect Real?
- YouTube - Chaos Theory
- Wikipedia - Chaos Theory
- Wikipedia - Lorenz Theory
- DW - Evolution: Butterflies Came First, Flowers Came Second
- Gradesaver - A Sound of Thunder
- Monarch Joint Venture - Monarch Larvae Monitoring Project
- Journey North - Tracking Monarch Migration Patterns
- Monarch Watch Blog
- "A Sound of Thunder" - tribute to Ray Bradbury by Mark Hallett
- Wall Street Journal - What is Antifa?
- Wikipedia - Facism a Cause of World War II
Leave a Reply