About the Episode
Welcome to America—where we watch M*A*S*H, marry our in-laws, and we’ve got jeans sitting in the front yard. Join us as we find out what’s hiding beneath earth’s surface!
In episode 84, Carmyn announces she’s a girl while screaming about printers, and Sierra dreams of a bowling alley. You’ll hear about closet atheists, pistol whipping, and St. Louis’s new marketing campaign—all while on a journey to the center of the earth.
Photos from the Episode
Subjects CoveredJohn Cleves Symmes, Jr. • Edmond Halley • Hollow Earth Theory • Symzonia: a Voyage of Discovery by Captain Adam Seaborn • Jeremiah Reynolds • United States Exploring Expedition (U.S. Ex Ex) • South Pacific Exploration • President John Quincy Adams • President Martin Van Buren • President Andrew Jackson • Americus Symmes • St. Louis • War of 1812 • Battle of Lundy's Lane • Mary Anne Lockwood • Lieutenant Marshall (M*A*S*H) • Concentric Spheres • North Pole Exploration • South Pole Exploration • Symmes Hole • Symmes’ Theory of Concentric Spheres by James McBride • Uncle Daddy •
- Wikipedia - John Cleves Symmes, Jr.
- Wikipedia - Hollow Earth Theories
- Slate - John Cleves Symmes's Hollow Earth Theory
- Wikipedia - Edmond Halley
- Wikipedia - Symzonia: a Voyage of Discovery
- Royal Society Publishing - Edmond Halley's Final Portrait
- M*A*S*H Fandom - Lieutenant Marshall
- Wikipedia - Battle of Lundy's Lane
- Wikipedia - Nathaniel Ames (writer)
- Smithsonian - U.S. Exploring Expedition
- Wikipedia - United States Exploring Expedition