About the Episode
When were queer people invented? Was it before or after sliced bread? In the basement, we ask the important questions.
This week, Colin tells the inspiring story of an Ancient Roman femme fatale, while Sierra reminisces on the gaudy luxury of the early 2000s. Join us as we discuss the insane capabilities of Gen Z, potential slogans for golden toilets, and how bookkeeping was so good in the year 200.
Photos from the Episode
Subjects CoveredElagabalus • Sextus Varius Avitus Bassianus • Emperor Caracalla • Emperor Macrinus • Julia Soaemias Bassiana • Elegabal (Sun God) • Elagabalium • Bassianus Alexanus • Damnatio Memoria • The Roses of Heliogabalus • The Roman Senate • Trans Empress • Vestal Virgin • Fire of Vesta • Aquilia Severa • Woman's Senate •
- Britannica - Elagabalus
- WorldHistory.org - Elagabalus
- Wikipedia - Elagabalus
- University of Birmingham - Elagabalus Trans Emperor of Rome?
- Out History - Elagabalus
- WorldHistory.org - Caracalla
- Wikipedia - Caracalla
- WorldHistory.org - Vestal Virgin
- McGill - 2007 Wikipedia Selection for Schools - Elagabalus
- History.com UK - Elagabalus Rome's First Trans Emperor?
- Roman Emperors - Macrinus
- Wikipedia - Macrinus
- YouTube - SPQR Historian - Elagabalus