About the Episode
The Mona Lisa is one of the most prolific art pieces in the world. We’re going to ruin every notion you’ve ever had about her.
This week, Sierra pretends to be the most famous painting ever while Colin explains the Mona Lisa’s history. Join us as we discuss what counts as a bikini line, why people throw stuff at art pieces to make a statement, and a very famous person’s missing genitalia.
Photos from the Episode
Subjects CoveredThe Mona Lisa • Leonardo da Vinci • Lisa del Giocondo • King Francis I • Napoleon Bonaparte • Napoleon Losing His Penis • Napoleon's Penis • Theft of the Mona Lisa • Marcel Duchamp • Valie Export • Alberto Sorbelli • Deborah de Robertis • Secret Life of the American Teenager • The Kennedys • Valie Export • Feminist Performance Art • Art Theft • Crush Festival - RiNo Denver • Crush Walls •
- Leonardo da Vinci - The Mona Lisa
- Wikipedia - Mona Lisa
- Grunge.com - How the Mona Lisa Ended up in Napoleon's Bedroom
- Britannica - Mona Lisa
- History.com - Napoleon
- Wikipedia - Early Modern France
- Napoleonic Historical Society
- Napoleon Slept with Mona Lisa
- NPR - Theft that made Mona Lisa a Masterpiece
- Wikipedia - Vandalism of Art
- Mentalfloss - Pablo Picasso Steals Mona Lisa?
- Britannica - Marcel Duchamp
- Artsy.net - Jackie Kennedy Brings Mona Lisa to the US
- NY Times - Mona Lisa visits Tokyo
- Wikipedia - Lisa del Giocondo
- Britannica - French Revolution
- Deborah De Robertis Acquitted in French Court
- Metro - Woman who exposed her genitals to be prosecuted
- Forbes - "To open my legs is to open my mouth"
- History.com - Theft of Mona Lisa Discovered
- Crush Festival - Leaving RiNo and Why
- Crush Walls - Colorado Urban Art Festival